[90fm Trivia] The Trivia Rush of 49

Jim Oliva theoz at dwave.net
Sun Mar 4 17:29:05 CST 2018

Sunday afternoon in Central Wisconsin, cold and damp, it must be March. Oh,
it might just be me, or it might just be that Trivia is just 5 weeks away,
daylight savings time kicks in next week and you know what that means, you
spring backwards, because you spring backwards and fall forward, less
injuries.  I’m ready to play some Trivia. Eck and I are diligently working
on the contest. We nearly have the first hour completed. The 2 of us look
forward to this contest every year. I hope you have been following all the
player profiles on Facebook, Triva (World’s Largest Trivia Contest).  I’m
really hoping teams who have young players are opening their teams up to
your children’s friends. You and we need the new blood. We owe it to the
future of this contest to keep it fresh and lively. And, you never know when
someone will make you laugh, just keep having fun, keep taking notes, keep
recognizing the difference between reality and fiction. It’s just a weekend
of fun and food and friends. Maybe not all in that order! I’m big on the
food. Get out those books and enjoy the weekend.  Again, it is an internet
free writing experience for John and me. It’s more fun that way. We don’t
know what is on the net and what is not, nor do we care. We just enjoy the
crazy questions and writing them.

Be sure to look for us and like us on Facebook under Trivia (World’s Largest
Trivia Contest). There is still a daily question, just to keep you on your
toes. We wrote the dumbest, funniest, most ridiculous question that we have
ever done. You will know it when you hear it. Just remember, it’s just a
game. Chuckle, chuckle.  Let’s keep those Trivia team names on the edge. No
one will ever blame you for pushing things out there.

The Trivia Kickoff movie will be held on April 6 and 7 at midnight and on
April 7 at 10:00 in the morning. It’s going to be a great movie, one that
I’m sure you will enjoy, because it has everything, love, gold, and horses.
It will be on the mega screen at the Roger’s Cinema on Church Street in
Stevens Point. Admission is still only $3 at the door. The title will be
announced at the showing, is a PG rated movie, so use your parental
judgment. It is a classic that everyone will enjoy. Don’t miss it on the big
screen. See you there and no need to bring your panning gear.

Trivia will be streamed live both audio and video. The link to the video
will be listed on the Trivia website, 90fmtrivia.org. I hope you join us for
the entire contest.

GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS OF STUDENTS DURING TRIVIA WEEKEND

IF HOSTING A PARTY . . .

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE SAFE— Children, Youth, Teens, Students, Adults

*         Set ground rules with your own children and let parents of other
children coming know what they are. (A sheet of written rules and
consequences helps all remember.)

*         Understand local and state laws and consequences about curfew and
use of alcohol and other drugs by underage youth.

*         Have plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages available.

*         Ask parents of students coming to your home to help with food and
supervision.

*         Arrange for one or more responsible adults to be awake and aware
at all times.

DURING THE PARTY:

*         Avoid easy access to alcohol for anyone under 21 years of age.

*         Notify any parent whose child arrives under the influence of
alcohol or any other drug to come and pick them up.  If parents are not
available, call the police.

*         If a teen arrives at the party with alcohol or other drugs,
confiscate, and call parents or police for assistance.

IF YOUR TEEN IS ATTENDING A PARTY:

*         Know where and for how long they will be there.

*         Don’t hesitate to call the parents hosting to check out guidelines
and also offer to help with food or chaperoning.

*	Make plans ahead of time with your teen on how to handle situations
of concern.
*	Allow the teen to call for a ride home at any time they have a
concern.
*	Phone the hosting family the next day and thank them for their
hospitality.

Youth need boundaries and clear expectations with consequences. Although
they may hassle you about them, the option of attending a party with
boundaries or not attending any party will help them make the right choice.
Keep it fun for them.

Team registration will again be $40.00 per team. We had to raise the price
this year. Trivia is a fund raiser for the Friends of 90FM and the station.
This organization provides scholarships and capitol purchases at the
station. Registration will be Monday through Thursday from 3 until 7 and
Friday from noon until 6, the week of April 9th. Registration forms are
available online at www.90fmtrivia.org <http://www.90fmtrivia.org/>  to
speed up the process. We will again have an assortment of goodies for sale,
listed below. With the purchase of $400.00 worth of goods, registration is
free. With the purchase of $200.00 worth of goods, registration is $15.00.
Merchandise will be posted online March 8th. Preorders will be taken at
www.90fmtrivia.org <http://www.90fmtrivia.org>  beginning soon. I will send
out an update when it is up and running. The deadline for orders is 7am,
Sunday April 8, 2018. We will be accepting MasterCard/Visa cards at the
station for the entire week of Trivia.

Teams who are playing from out of town and can’t get to Stevens Point for
registration can register by mail. The deadline for that is a postmark
Monday, March 26, 2018, or in my hands by April 6, 2018. The registration
form and other information is on the website at www.90fmtrivia.org
<http://www.90fmtrivia.org>  . You will receive your copies of the New
Trivia Times on Tuesday or Wednesday, April 10 or 11, 2018. There will be a
page which lists all of the teams playing from outside the area so they can
compare with each other on how they do in the contest.

TRIVIA 2018: THE TRIVIA RUSH OF 49

MERCHANDISE

Onesies: Infant outfits sizes 6, 12, 18, 24 months

$11.00

T-SHIRTS YOUTH SIZES PRINTED ONLY ON FRONT

                        SIZES XS, S, M, L, XL

$11.00

ADULT T-SHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL

$13.00

LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS SIZES M, L, XL, XXL

$18.00

SWEATSHIRTS SIZES L, XL, XXL

$26.00

HOODED SWEATSHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL

$30.00

FULL ZIPPERED CARDIGAN SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL

$38.00

½ ZIPPERED HOODLESS SWEAT SHIRT

$35.00

MEN'S SPORTPANTS SIZES L, XL

$24.00

WOMEN'S SPORT PANTS SIZES S, M, L, XL

$24.00

TIE-DYED T-SHIRTS SIZES M, L, XL, XXL

$25.00

CAP

$10.00

BUCKET CAP

$10.00

CAN COOLER

$3.00

COFFEE MUGS

$7.00

BREWERY PINT GLASS

$6.00

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS

$10.00

REFRIGERATOR MAGNET

$3.00

KEYCHAIN

$3.00

BANDANAS

$15.00

TRIVIATOWN, THE MOVIE

$21.00

EXTRA COPIES OF NEW TRIVIA TIMES

$10.00

Each question in the contest might run for two songs, except singing
questions which run for three songs, and the final question which will run
for one song. Each team is limited to one call per question. Each question
is between 5 and 500 points, depending on the number of teams answering a
question correctly. Just before the top 5 or 10 teams are read at the end of
the newscast, we will announce the point values of the previous hour's
questions. Of course there will still be the two running questions. We ask
that teams do not collaborate with other teams and that the contest be
treated as what it is
a game. Scores will be updated about every two hours
or so on the internet at the trivia web site, www.90fmtrivia.org. Sometime
after the contest begins, we will give out the Trivia Complaint Line phone
number. It is to be used for legitimate complaints concerning the validity
of an answer. If your score does not match ours, ours is right. Please feel
free to record and play back any part of the contest. In fact, you should
use recorders because we will not repeat questions on the complaint line.
However, no part of the contest may be broadcast or reproduced without the
permission of 90FM and the OZ, including the pictures in the New Trivia
Times. The pictures in the New Trivia Times may not be posted on the
internet. Questions may not be reprinted for distribution.

Thanks to all those who worked so hard on the New Trivia Times and to all
the businesses who put ads in the book. So many of them have been supporters
for many years and we appreciate their support. .  Please mention to them
that you saw their ad in the New Trivia Times. Let them know that you
support them in return. When ordering food during the contest, check the New
Trivia Times for deals and specials. And remember that these businesses are
part of Trivia, please support them.

DON’T FORGET THE PARADE. CHECK THE ROUTE ON THE WEBSITE, 90fmtrivia.org.

Now, it’s time for me to get down to the business at hand. The table is just
as shaky as ever, but we persevere and keep writing. We eat, we write, later
we eat more, mostly junk on the second eating. We need to look like we’re
serious about being couch potatoes. We have been enjoying some weird dark
chocolate covered chip sort of thing that seems to be more crumbs than
anything. I haven’t figured it out yet, except after eating a couple pieces,
the bag goes into pour it into your mouth mode. I hope you are listening to
90FM, because the Trivia teasers are being played. It’s fun, and I am in
need of the fun of Trivia this year. Had a tooth pulled about a month ago,
really, who said “hey, enjoy your Golden Years!” Ha, golden years my foot.
Posters will be going up in about 2 weeks, check them out. Billboards will
again be up in Stevens Point. Make sure you look for them. Don’t know where
they are this year, who knows, it might be a question. The staff at the
station again won awards for their work at the Wisconsin Broadcasters
Association convention this past month.  They work hard and have been lucky
to be given kudos by this great WBA group. In keeping with the idea of food,
cookies will again be making their appearance courtesy of the Alumni
Association. Thanks to the good people there. For those of you who don’t
know about this, it’s the first day of Registration, April 9th. You know,
when I write this, I get really pumped up for the contest. My blood boils,
my hair gets up on end, my taste buds get sharper, and I in general get more
energy. Who am I???? I need more energy like I need a hole in my head.
Spongebob Squarepants said it best; “I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready!” Eck
is ready! We are ready. If you want to see a little about this great city of
Stevens Point, do a search on Google for “Around the Corner – Stevens
Point”. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. What a great town! And, of
course, the best darned thing is 90FM and this great contest, “The Trivia
Rush of 49”. I’m lost in all types of emotion this year, but am ready to be
the lovable guy that I always am. Hahahaha!!!! Get ready world, here we
come, we are ready to turn the radio to the bottom of the dial to 89.9FM to
listen to and participate in the best weekend of the year. It’s that time of
the year, get your motor running and gather around whatever device you tune
into the station, tune in your ears, get ready to sit or pace or stand or
lay down, however it is that you get yourself ready, because it’s time to
play Trivia, Fast Eddie

Oz