[90fm Trivia] Radiothon 2017

Jim Oliva theoz at dwave.net
Tue Nov 14 11:03:34 CST 2017

Hi everyone,

Wow, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, then comes Radiothon at 90FM.
You know we look forward to this every year. It's a great 2 day event where
we can raise some significant funds to help the station. It is especially
important this year for everyone to help out and get those bids high. Over
the past several years there has been a decrease in the enrollment at the
University in Stevens Point and because of that, there are not the funds
available to support the station like there were just 2 years ago. This
school year, the budget for 90FM was cut by 25%, and we need to help
supplement that. Last year, Radiothon raised just over $8000 and with the
amazing generosity of local businesses and artisans,  the list of auction
items is bigger and better than ever. The executive staff is buzzing about
hitting $10,000. I hope we can do that.

Check this year's flyer at www.90fmtrivia.org/Radiothon 2017.pdf
<http://www.90fmtrivia.org/Radiothon%202017.pdf> . There are an amazing
collection of goodies. We will have all the pictures linked in next week. I
will send another letter then to remind you. We will also be adding more
goodies. And, on Saturday morning at 11, we'll be announcing the theme of
Trivia 49. On Sunday morning at 11, the artist for this year's Tribute day
will be announced. In the past we have featured, Prince, CSNY, and Lou Reed.
It's going to be a good one this year as well. So, what I'm saying is, it's
going to be a great weekend. And it all kicks off at 9 o'clock Saturday
morning. Please forward this email to all team members and anyone else you
think might be interested.

So far, 90FM has never just asked for pledge money, but has depended on
Radiothon and Trivia to help the station. We get your money but you get
something in return. It just seems like a great way to do it. This year we
are asking those who might have not won to make a contribution. I've been
asked about this and told that it makes good sense to put this out there. If
you want to just contribute to 90FM, you can do so at the following link, it
is secure and is at the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin. Here is
the link: https://cfcwi.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?setc=1
<https://cfcwi.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?setc=1&funit_id=1074&event_date
_id=&grant_id> &funit_id=1074&event_date_id=&grant_id=

Thank you for your support of 90FM, the best darned radio station in the
world.

OZ