[90fm Trivia] Trivia Newsletter

Jim Oliva theoz at dwave.net
Sun Mar 17 17:31:57 CDT 2013

Woo-hoo, snow, snow and more snow! What a winter! We made it past the end of
the world and "That's Not All, Folks!" Trivia 44 is just about a month away
and it's definitely a time to be happy about the coming spring and contest.
It's Sunday Morning, listening to 90FM, New Age Sampler, which keeps me
calm, and here I am ready to jump out of my skin with excitement. FIRE UP!
This year's contest is just about a month away. Hopefully, the snow will be
gone by then! Once again, I ask you to pass this along to other players on
your team. Also, if you use one of those internets out there, feel free to
friend up on Facebook at, https://www.facebook.com/90FMTrivia.  Bring in
those friends who are missing out on the fun that is Trivia. This is a
family affair!

The Trivia Kickoff movie will be shown Friday and Saturday April 12 and 13.
There will be midnight shows both nights and a 10:30 showing on Saturday
morning. The shows will be on the Rogers Mega-Screen at the Rogers Cinema on
Church Street in Stevens Point. Admission is still $3.00 at the door. The
movie will be announced when it opens on the screen. It is rated all ages
and, I hope, will truly be an experience. Be ready to laugh. The Trivia
Kickoff Movie, don't miss seeing this movie on the big screen. See you
there.

SPTV will be broadcasting the contest again. It will only be available in
Stevens Point. So, a big salute to SPTV and a great staff this year.

As in the past, I have been working with the Portage County AODA. This is a
good idea and most of you should know all these things-just a reminder:

GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS OF STUDENTS DURING TRIVIA WEEKEND

IF HOSTING A PARTY . . .

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO BE SAFE- Children, Youth, Teens, Students, Adults

.         Set ground rules with your own children and let parents of other
children coming know what they are. (A sheet of written rules and
consequences helps all remember.)

.         Understand local and state laws and consequences about curfew and
use of alcohol and other drugs by underage youth.

.         Have plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages available.

.         Ask parents of students coming to your home to help with food and
supervision.

.         Arrange for one or more responsible adults to be awake and aware
at all times.

DURING THE PARTY:

.         Avoid easy access to alcohol for anyone under 21 years of age.

.         Notify any parent whose child arrives under the influence of
alcohol or any other drug to come and pick them up.  If parents are not
available, call the police.

.         If a teen arrives at the party with alcohol or other drugs,
confiscate, and call parents or police for assistance.

IF YOUR TEEN IS ATTENDING A PARTY:

.         Know where and for how long they will be there.

.         Don't hesitate to call the parents hosting to check out guidelines
and also offer to help with food or chaperoning.

*	Make plans ahead of time with your teen on how to handle situations
of concern.
*	Allow the teen to call for a ride home at any time they have a
concern.
*	Phone the hosting family the next day and thank them for their
hospitality.

Youth need boundaries and clear expectations with consequences. Although
they may hassle you about them, the option of attending a party with
boundaries or not attending any party will help them make the right choice.

Team registration will again be $30.00 per team. Registration will be Monday
through Thursday from 3 until 7 and Friday from noon until 6, the week of
April 15th. Registration forms are available online at www.90fmtrivia.org
<http://www.90fmtrivia.org/>  to speed up the process. We will again have an
assortment of goodies for sale. With the purchase of $300.00 worth of goods,
registration is free. With the purchase of $150.00 worth of goods,
registration is $15.00. I will send another mailer when we start taking
pre-orders on the internet. I will send more information in the next mailer.
The deadline for orders is 7am, Sunday April 14, 2013.

TRIVIA44: That's not all, Folks!

MERCHANDISE

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Onesie-White.jpg>
Onesies: Infant outfits sizes 6, 12, 18, 24 months

$11.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\T-shirt.jpg>
T-SHIRTS YOUTH SIZES PRINTED ONLY ON FRONT

SIZES XS, S, M, L, XL

$11.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\T-shirt.jpg> ADULT
T-SHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL

$13.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Long-Sleeve-T.jpg>
LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS SIZES M, L, XL, XXL

$17.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Crew-Sweat.jpg>
SWEATSHIRTS SIZES L, XL, XXL

$26.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Hoodie.jpg> HOODED
SWEATSHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL

$28.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Zip-Hoodie.jpg>
ZIPPERED HOODIES SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL

$35.00

<file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Mens-sport-pants.jpg
> MEN'S SPORTPANTS SIZES L, XL

$24.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Women's-Pant.jpg>
WOMEN'S SPORT PANTS
<file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Women's-Pant.jpg>
SIZES S, M, L, XL

$24.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Tie%20Dye.jpg>
TIE-DYED T-SHIRTS
<file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Tie%20Dye.jpg>
SIZES M, L, XL, XXL

$25.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Cap.jpg> CAP

$10.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Bucket-cap.jpg>
BUCKET CAP

$10.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Can-Cooler.jpg> CAN
COOLER

$3.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Cup.jpg> COFFEE
MUGS

$7.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Glass.jpg> BREWERY
PINT GLASS

$6.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Ornament.jpg>
CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS

$10.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Magnet-Heart.jpg>
REFRIGERATOR MAGNET

$2.00

MICROFIBER LOONEY CLOTH

$4.00

 <file:///C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\trivia\Merchandise\Trivatown.jpg>
TRIVIATOWN, THE MOVIE

$21.00

EXTRA COPIES OF NEW TRIVIA TIMES

$7.00

Each question in the contest might run for two songs, except singing
questions which run for three songs, and the final question which will run
for one song. Each team is limited to one call per question. Each question
is worth 2000 points divided by three plus the number of teams answering it
correctly, rounded up to the next value divisible by 5, maximum of 500
points per team per question. Just before the top 5 or 10 teams are read at
the end of the newscast, we will announce the point values of the previous
hour's questions. Of course there will still be the two running questions.
We ask that teams do not collaborate with other teams and that the contest
be treated as what it is-a game. Scores will be updated about every two
hours on the internet at the trivia web site, www.90fmtrivia.org, and every
four hours on cable access television. After the contest begins, we will
give out the Trivia Complaint Line phone number. It is to be used for
legitimate complaints concerning the validity of an answer. If your score
does not match ours, ours is right. Please feel free to record and play back
any part of the contest. In fact, you should use recorders because we will
not repeat questions on the complaint line. However, no part of the contest
may be broadcast or reproduced without the permission of 90FM and the OZ,
including the pictures in the New Trivia Times. The pictures in the New
Trivia Times may not be posted on the internet. Questions may not be
reprinted for distribution.

Again, the New Trivia Times team really kicked it in the butt this year.
Thanks to Paul Komasa, Chris Wiza, Eric Hamus, Madison Wiza, Mary Stroik,
Kerri Bigelow, Shaun Przybilski, Ann Van Lysal, Wayne Semmerling, and
Jennifer Brilowski. And thanks to the many businesses in the area who have
stuck by us.  Please mention to them that you saw their ad in the New Trivia
Times. Let them know that you support them in return.

I was worried that we wouldn't have a contest this year;  you know the end
of the world and all. Imagine my surprise when the world did not end. Happy
days, we can have a contest! And the excitement just kept growing. The
extended winter season is all the more reason to get your teams together for
the contest. Let's celebrate the coming of spring and summer. The writing
room has been cold all winter, we've had to turn on the heat every time John
and I were in there.  Well, things are coming together fine, questions are
forming up, the shirts are ordered, the New Trivia Times is almost ready,
posters are going up, promos are on the air, phones are being tested, staffs
of people are getting ready to handle all the pandemonium of Trivia Week,
including the Trivia Kick-off movie, registration and the line outside the
station, the cookies, the chaos, the music coming together, the parade and
the final countdown to the best weekend of the year, Trivia 44, That's not
all, Folks! What do you want to hear? 'Freebird'!!! And then , as if the
excitement couldn't get any higher, here comes 'Born to be Wild!' As the
operators sit, waiting for that first question, waiting for the first call,
waiting for the first answer, players get ready to play. What else can I say
but, let's play Trivia, Fast Eddie..........

Oz